Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Color Run 2012

Okay, I can finally cross another thing off my 30 things at 30 list.

One of my coworkers, Kristin, bought a Groupon for The Color Run which is a 5K fun run and partners with charities, such as the Make-A-Wish Foundation. I've never even heard of it, but it sounded like fun so I decided to try it despite having had less than 10 hours of sleep (for 2 days) and no physical activity/training since August.

29. Color Run 11-17-12

It happened downtown at Fair Park. It reminded me so much of the 3 Day Walk because of the tutus, cold weather, and of course the porta potties.



Must wear tutus next year...

The blue stop was CRAZY.


Yea! We did it!

Oh, Caitlin. She looks like a tribute. :)



Charlie's Angels.


In the parking lot, being "candid" :)


After the run, Caitlin suggested this awesome restaurant called Oddfellows in Oak Cliff (Bishop Arts District). This is on the same strip as Tillman's Roadhouse which I went to a few years ago on my birthday.
I was super excited because they have chicken and waffles, which I always wanted to try.
Oh my. Where have I been?



Amazing. The fluffiest waffles. The crispiest chicken. Bobby Flay Throw-down worthy.

I also heard their Buffalo Mac is the best, so I am definitely coming back here.


I am so tired, and I know I'll be sore tomorrow, but it was a great day.
Two more days until Thanksgiving break! Can't wait!


Please check out my lovely friend Caitlin's blog for more awesome photos on the event, which she did with me.

12 comments:

  1. I LOVE all of the pictures. Thanks for the hunger games reference and taking all the "candids".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a lot of fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun! You should join us next year!

      Delete
  3. Y'all are adorable! What a great cause and fun experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like so much fun!! Thanks for sharing the pics!

    www.footballandrainbows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! Just stopping in from A Dash of Sarah! I'm now following your lovely blog :via GFC :-) Found you off of the "Texans Who Blog" FB group!

    Looks like y'all had SUCH a good time! I wanted to go, but funds didn't allow this year... I'm definitely saving up next time for it!

    I sure hope you'll follow me back at www.adashofsarah.com! Looking forward to reading more from your blog :-)

    - Sarah at A Dash of Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sarah! You are so sweet. We are definitely doing it again next year, so I hope to see you there!

      Delete