Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, October 19, 2012

Pink Day

October is breast cancer awareness month, and every year our school has a Pink Day to support it. This week at school has been hectic to say the least; so I had to make some last minute "pink" rice krispies. I used pink marshmallows, but it didn't come out pink enough... I need to use strawberry jello mix next time.

They taste good at least! :)

Once upon a time, three brave teachers (one of whom was very untrained) took on the 3 day, 60+ miles walk for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.
We all had someone to walk for. I walked for my father who died of stomach cancer when I was five.
We each raised $2300 with the support of our family, friends, school, and kind strangers.
It was the most challenging, stressful, yet motivating, and emotional thing I have ever done. It's one of those experiences that was hard and wonderful at the same time. I would do it again if I had the chance.

The Pink Galas! We look happy. So this must be Day 1. :)

Pink Galas 2014, anyone?

4 comments:

  1. Taste is what matters, unnie :D good job on finishing it! You must be tired! Have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink Galas 2014 - sounds very appealing. Even though my feet were the size of sausages, it was really fun.

    ReplyDelete