Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Brand new blog

I FINALLY (after what seems like months of researching and discussing with friends) created a name for my blog, madebyfirenze. Apparently the blog name is a big deal.

The idea behind the name: my name is Florence, hence firenze, and I used 'made by firenze' because I want to post food, crafts, and school idea crafts I make. That's not to say everything will be made by me. I will definitely post inspirations as well and give them full credit!

I hope this blog will create some eunoia (look it up!) and inspire, entertain, encourage, etc!

Here goes...


Today was Bible study day, so afterward we went to L&L Hawaiian Barbecue in Frisco.
I ordered the 'Healthy' Chicken BBQ. The meat was very flavorful and a bit salty. I did like the brown rice and the veggies were fresh.





 We stopped by The Container store and I saw these cute apple containers. I just love all the colors!




 Okay, so when I was little I was a TOTAL book worm. I would read all day, on weekends, and when it was time for bed, I would say goodnight to my parents and secretly read by my night light (that's probably why my eyes are so bad now). As I got older, I read less and less. Now I am trying to get back to that, especially being a teacher and all. How can I expect my students to read, when I don't even read other than childrens books? So to motivate me, I am thinking of joining a book club. My sister's friend invited me to join hers and the book for August is called Roses by Leila Meecham. So far I am really liking it!
It's a historical fiction book about a cotton tycoon Mary Toliver and another founding family (the Warwicks) of Howbutker, Texas. From what I've read so far, she is selling her farm and giving her estate, not to her great-niece, but to Percy Warwick, who she grew up with as a child. She wants to spare her great-niece from the "Toliver curse" and that entails lies, hidden desires and tragedies. It probably sounds really boring the way I'm describing it, but it's really interesting! Once you get past all the vocabulary (I had to look up 25+ words in 5 chapters) it's a good read. I can't wait to find out what happens (and happened). I will up update with a review once I finish it. Until then, check out the book club on Meet Up and you can join too!


Well that's a wrap for my first post! Since it's too late for today, create some eunoia tomorrow! :)


8 comments:

  1. Congrats on your very first post!
    I didn't even see those apples at the container store!! They are flippin' cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh~ also LOVE LOVE LOVE the banner :) it is very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank Abel for that!!! You don't think the made by Firenze badge is too plain? I wanted a simple design, but I don't know if it's too simple?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally!! Congrats on ur blog, chingoo! How did you make the title for this blog? You do the same for the side picture links except they are gadgets... Get it? I can show you next time if not...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My friend made it for me on photoshop. Yes please show me! I can come over one day..

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the name you chose! Uber creative!

    ReplyDelete