Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Self Portrait Link Up

This is my first link up on a blog. My friend's sister is hosting it along with another girl here:


This week's theme is self portraits. I am a little nervous because I don't really like taking photographs of myself. Or rather, showing self portraits of myself.
It's like when you're sitting at the hair salon. I avoid looking at my reflection like I avoid those cart sellers at the mall. It's awkward.

When I was little my mom used to take a TON of pictures of my sister and I. From church to Chuck E. Cheese to the front of the camera shop, she was always taking pictures. I knew the pose: timid smile, face forward, and hands placed neatly at my side.

See the pose?

Anyway you would think I would be used to it. But I will say having cameras on phones do make selfies easier. Remember the old way of taking a photograph? The disposable cameras! You click and turn. And later that week when you pick up your developed photos and see blurry eyes and shiny big noses of your sister and you trying to take selfies (I won't post those) you realize a. You wasted $9 and b. Selfies stink.

Now we have phones with cameras and endless opportunities to erase and retake pictures. And I'll admit it is more fun taking pictures of yourself with phone cameras. So even though it isn't the most comfortable thing to show, I need to get out of my comfort zone and put myself out there. And this week I'm doing that with photographs.

So I chose 3 photos (the good, the bad, and the ugly) for the link up all taken by my IPhone:


No filter (just the morning sun making my skin blemish free)
I like one eyed pictures. :)



No Filter, in my car
Big flowery sunglasses


And this morning, no filter and having a really bad hair morning. This is my lion mane before I straighten it.



8 comments:

  1. Thank you for linking up with us! If you have any suggestions or ideas please feel free to let us know! I like all the different angles you used to take your selfies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kayla! I saw an Instagram contest once for a faceless photo. I think that would be fun :)

      Delete
  2. I'm with you, I feel awkward taking pictures of myself...and letting other people see them :) Isn't it amazing what some good light can do! I think that 1st photo is my favorite. I like the one eye look - very creative and unique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Veronica! I've gotten a little more comfortable embracing my flaws in photos.
      I take so many one eyed photos!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for linking up! LOVE that first picture. I'm awful at taking pictures of just myself, it's certainly a challenge, but at the same time it's so fun to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is fun with a phone camera :) Thanks again for the link up party Cerise!

      Delete
  4. Okay. I think you may be a little crazy- I love all 3 pics! You are beautiful, and your lion mane is gorgeous as well!

    ReplyDelete