Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Unlimited

My posts have been few and far between these days. For some reason I have been so stressed at work. I guess having less than 2 months left of the school year is bringing me to the realization that my students are about to become 3rd graders and should have at least a year's growth. And me being the perfectionist, doubts are creeping in about my teaching abilities and the what ifs; this week I got so frustrated because there's only so much I can do as a teacher and it's not enough. My kids deserve so much more and I just feel so limited sometimes. But I guess I can only do what I preach to my kids all the time: Just do your best. Give me your 100%. That's all you can do.

Luckily I have so many supportive, wonderful people around me to encourage and help me, cry with me, and put everything into perspective. Whether it's a drink at Starbucks, help with grading my mountains of papers (not exaggerating), or a kind word, it has encouraged me so much and I know I am blessed. Thank you!!!

So no more Negative Nancy.





On Thursday night I went to go see Wicked the Musical at the Music Hall in Fair Park. This was my fourth time seeing Wicked. My friend was seeing it for the first time. I was so excited for her because I remember my first time seeing Wicked and how I felt. It was amazing of course! There were a few sound mishaps, but it did not detract from the show. Plus, we sat the closest I've ever sat before at a musical! I could actually see their faces! :)

We had dinner at Bistro N before the show. I haven't been in so long, but the Crab Stack is still good!







At the end of the show: This was the only picture of the cast I could get. :( One day I will get a clear photo!



I'm collecting. :) How cool would it be to have the London Theater Playbill?! 

It's the weekend, so I am going to take full advantage! My sister and brother in law invited me to go watch Jurassic Park 3D and eat some Cuban food tonight! Have a great weekend. :)

2 comments:

  1. You are a wonderful teacher and your students are so blessed to have you in their life. I have loved every single one of my kiddos that was in your room last year and they talk about you all the time with such love and admiration. You are doing an awesome job lady! We got this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That means a lot Joanna! And yes, we got this! :)

    ReplyDelete