Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, September 24, 2012

Good Eats

This past Saturday I went to the Metropolitan Cooking and Entertaining Show downtown at the Dallas Convention Center. I drove (I was really proud of myself) but I probably would have been lost without my friend's gps, so thank you Sarah!

It was a fun experience; although I wish there was more food samples and less product promoters, but all in all, it was great. I was also disappointed that I didn't get to try Bobby Flay's food, but it was still cool seeing him in person! He's a funny guy.

 Bobby Flay!


I am definitely making this cast iron potato salad!




He was very nice to the kids. Lucky kids. :) 

The rib eye steaks smelled SO good! 

 Yum.

I hope I can eat his food some day.

Me and my photographer friend Sarah! kk


After the expo we decided to go eat at Sissy's the restaurant that Bobby Flay mentioned (he also mentioned Fearing's but that's $$$$). It was a cute little place near Velvet Taco's and Tei Tei Robata. I absolutely loved the yellow doors and southern style.






 The white blossom tea that I will NEVER get again. I thought it was refill, but at $9.50 a glass, it was not.

I love that yellow door! 

 I got the crab cakes. The salad was delicious. The crab cakes were too salty though. I prefer  Bistro N's crab cakes.

My friend got the fried chicken. It was delicious!

We had a chocolate cake whose name is a little inappropriate; other than the peanut butter bottom, it was good. The cake itself was so moist and perfect. Comparable even to my chocolate cake...

A little patio area outside the restaurant.

I was considering this place for possibly my birthday dinner, but I think this place is better as a lunch place. Or I could just hide under a rock. After all, I am turning 29A. :)










4 comments:

  1. Love that shirt! Can't wait to celebrate your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture of you at Sissy's. The place looks adorable! I have a soft spot for southern kitchens and those plates are too cute to pass up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ari! I know. There used to be a place formerly called Patti's Place and they had cute teacups/plates and southern decor.

      Delete