Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, February 3, 2019

Summer 2016


Another summer has come and gone. As I get ready for the next school year, I am preparing for my ninth year of teaching. NINTH! I could never have imagined saying that when I started out.
It seems like decades ago I was a fresh eyed (and fresh faced) newbie who didn't know much at all. I think I only survived through naivety, gracious parents, and of course, God's grace.
Still, I envy that time period because I wasn't so jaded back then.

Every year, I feel both apprehension and excitement for the school year. Apprehension because I think of all the responsibility I have as a teacher to help these kids succeed and grow. I think about all the unexpected challenges I'll have to face, the struggles, and disappointments. But I also get excited about kids making strides, connections made, life changes, comradery, school supplies (they make me happy), and just the joy of watching kids be kids.
And every year, I want to be a better teacher. How can I do that? Lately I've been struggling with that question. Have you ever felt that way? When you've done something for so long, you feel as though you haven't changed but the system has. How can I improve myself?
These doubts keep creeping up and I wonder if I'm good enough.
I'm not sure how to answer these questions but I know that I must do what I always tell my kids;
Don't give up. Keep going. Every day you can get closer to where you want to be if you strive to improve yourself.
I hope I can take my own advice and be a teacher that my students deserve. Think positive Minjoo!
Anyway, I haven't really posted many pictures in my blog, so here's a whole slew of them! It was a travel free summer, but a restful one.

Temporarily had pink hair. Wish it had lasted longer!


 Having some fun downtown.


@Snowy village
  I love blueberry picking every year.
 
Scones!
 
 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment